So this review will be very brief. Essentially it was crap. I went in with no expectations and it still managed to fall short. So here was why I didn’t enjoy the movie:
- There was no semblance of a plot, just lots of ideas about maybe where the story could go that never actually came to fruition. It was a bit like watching lifts while you’re waiting for them to wait only to watch them perpetually skip your floor, except that that probably would’ve been more entertaining than the movie.
- The acting was stony and lacklustre at best
- The CGI was abysmal. There was no weight or any sense of physics. In 2016, in a movie based on a game, there really is no excuse for CGI that looks like it was from the early 2000s
- Every single main human character was white. Yes I know there was the token black general. HE WAS NOT A MAIN CHARACTER
- Nothing made any sense and everyone lacked any semblance of motivation